Thursday, December 13, 2018

module 12: modern clock turn

Chloe Carr
Module #12: Modern Clock Turn

1. I chose to watch Andy Warhol: Images of an Image and Uncertainty: Modernity and Art because I remember seeing different art works made by Andy Warhol and I wanted to know more about him as an artist and about his art style. I also wanted to know what uncertainty has to do with modernity and art.

2. According to the video Uncertainty: Modernity and Art, the modern world has manifested itself in a very extreme way than anything ever seen before. The modern world was based on speed, efficiency, and production. The video says that artists became very uncertain because life, during their time, was very fragmented. This was the time for artists to experiment on their artistic abilities.
The video Andy Warhol: Images of an Image was about Andy Warhol and his affect on the art world during his time. Warhol is most famously known for his pop art, which was very different during his time. He made his pop art by using different textures, which was also very new. Like many artists in modern time, Warhol experimented with his abilities. He used ink, silk, and cotton to create his art, which captured shadows of people.

3. These videos relate to what we learned in the book because the book because Chapter 22 talks about Andy Warhol. Warhol's Gold Marilyn Monroe is one of his most popular works that he created with silkscreen and ink. The chapter also discusses modern art. One of the most popular forms of modern art were new media, video art, craft, and feminist art.

4. I enjoyed watching the films. I've known about Andy Warhol for years now but I've never known anything about his influences in his life or most of what he's created besides the image of soup cans he created. I also enjoyed learning about art and the modern world and how they can both affect each at the same time. Artists in the modern world have experienced through the modern world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

module #15: me myself and i

Chloe Carr 12/13/18          1. I selected the inspired pieces because I've always been a fan of Frida Khalo and the way she...