Thursday, December 13, 2018

module #13: no limiting in art exhibiting

Chloe Carr
Module #13

1. The video The Lowdown on Lowbrow: West Coast Pop Art was about pop art and its influence during the time it was popular. I learned that art came from different categories. There was sensual art that focused more on sexuality, there were creations for cars, and there was cartoon art, which I found very interesting. The video Tate Modern was about Tate Modern's art collection in the art museum. The main goal of the art museum was to change the way people look at art, so there would be more, individual ideas about art. The video An Acquiring Mind: Philippe de Montebello and The Metropolitan was about Philippe de Monetebello, an MET director who had many different kinds of European art. His museum was different in that it was extremely diverse so it had art of many different styles.

2. I believe that these videos do relate to my Art Exhibition project because my project had many different kinds of art and art styles. Like the videos, and especially the last one, my project had paintings and drawings and sketches from different times/years.

3. I enjoyed watching the films. I've learned about different art in stages but I've never really learned about art in a jumbled way. The videos made me notice the differences between the kinds of art and the reason they were created. I also enjoyed learning about the history behind some art and the influences it posed on the people during that time and in the present. The videos made me think more about my project in a way that I was thinking about it while I was making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

module #15: me myself and i

Chloe Carr 12/13/18          1. I selected the inspired pieces because I've always been a fan of Frida Khalo and the way she...