Thursday, December 13, 2018

module #15: me myself and i

Chloe Carr
12/13/18



1. I selected the inspired pieces because I've always been a fan of Frida Khalo and the way she viewed herself as a person. She did not value beauty in the way that most people did, she valued the beauty of reality, which I absolutely adore. I also like the second image because of the simplicity of it. I am not very artistic and I find simple pictures, paintings, and drawings to be very nice.

2. I selected the media I used to create my self-portrait because I wanted to keep my portrait simplee while adding a different effect. Using a pencil, I made my portrait look very simple.

3. One challenge that I faced while I was making my portrait was capturing the shadows. I had a very hard time with transferring the shadows from the image on the paper, but I overcame this challenge by using different techniques of shading in the self-portrait.

4. This piece represents me because I feel like although the face itself doesn't look like the picture exactly, I think I captured my eyes. I may not have made my eyes look like how they actually look, but I made them in a way that I feel best represents me.

5. While making my portrait, I used shade, space, and lines. I needed to use different shades of the same color in order to make it, and I used space around the face and inside the face. With lines, I managed to make the image I wanted to.

6. I enjoyed wirking on this project because I've never really tried making a self-portrait that wasn't abstract. I like testing my skills and working on them until I'm satisfied with the end result, and I think this project really made me think about how I was placing things.

7. Although my final piece of work doesn't necessarily match my face, I am really proud of it because I made it with the intention to be me, which is something entirely new to me. By working on this project, I've learned so much, which makes the end result something really nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

module #15: me myself and i

Chloe Carr 12/13/18          1. I selected the inspired pieces because I've always been a fan of Frida Khalo and the way she...