Sunday, September 23, 2018

module 4: shades and colors and wheels, oh my

Chloe Carr
Module 4


1. Value Scale: I like the final outcome of the value scale because of the different subtle transitions, but creating it felt very stressful. Some of the different shades became too close in color so much so that I had to go back and either darken a shade or lighten a shade.
    Color Wheel: I really liked creating the color wheel because it was very interesting to me. I especially liked mixing the colors. The final outcome didn't come out exactly as I thought it would, but I still like the way it looks and I liked the experience of making it.

2. I liked working with the paint more than the charcoal because it was cleaner to use. With the pencil, the lead would get on my hands and spread on the paper, changing some of the shades. With the paint, it was easier to mix with a brush and water.

3. The most important discovery in the creation of these studies that I didn't know before was that blue, red, yellow made the color black. I thought black was made just by combining all of the colors of the color wheel, not just blue, red, and yellow.

4. The most important information I learned from watching the videos from this project is that the primary colors are very important. The colors we see come from the primary colors; they come from a mix or combination of the colors. I think the videos were very helpful especially when I had to start mixing the colors of the paint.



No comments:

Post a Comment

module #15: me myself and i

Chloe Carr 12/13/18          1. I selected the inspired pieces because I've always been a fan of Frida Khalo and the way she...