Sunday, September 16, 2018

module 3 part ii: colorful colors

Chloe Carr

Module #3 Part 2



1. Color is very powerful and has an effect on our emotions. Artists use it specifically for that reason, to affect its viewers when they see their art. Colors in paintings are almost always the very first thing that a person notices, and it's the first thing that allows you to decipher what the painting makes you feel. The video we watched says that when an artist uses different shades of the same color, it makes the painting have a very subtle change in emption without completely changing what the painting makes you feel originally when you notice the main, obvious color. All colors have an effect on us because all colors are associated with an emotion or emotions.

2. I find the color wheel to be most fascinating to me. This is because this is a concept that's always stuck with me and a concept I find more beautiful than any other theoretical aspect of color. We can especially see the color wheel in rainbows after it's rained and when it reflects on the wet ground. We can also see the rainbow in tiny pools of oil by a street curb or in some earings.

3. In the color video, I really like the idea that color affects other colors in a paintings. I've always thought the only affect color has is on a person that sees it, but after watching the video, it became obvious that colors can work together in a painting or can work against each other. Another thing I like is when the artist in the video said, "The color in the painting keeps it alive for me." To me, this means that the painting relies heavily on the painting, which is absolutely true though I never really noticed it.

4. The relationship between color and negativity made the biggest impact on me in regards to color and its effects on emotion. This is because the man in the video at some point makes the connection that negativity is an, "all enveloping darkness." To prove this point, he then shows a painting where the colors are dark and the expressions on the faces of the people are twisted in what appears to be pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

module #15: me myself and i

Chloe Carr 12/13/18          1. I selected the inspired pieces because I've always been a fan of Frida Khalo and the way she...