Sunday, November 4, 2018

module 10 pt. ii: masked mask maksing masks

Chloe Carr
10.4.18



I really enjoyed making my mask for this module. I don't think it came out the way I wanted, but I wanted to keep it simple like the mask above looked like. My mask was inspired by Indian cloth masks from Ecuador. Indian cloth masks were made for dancers so that they could dance without fearing the devil behind them. I used the color green to dye the fabric  because I wanted to use a bright color to signify happiness, as I am a very happy person. I used yellow around the eyes of the mask because yellow is also a color that I associate with being happy. I wasn't sure if I wanted to cut out a smile in the fabric or draw one on, but I didn't think I could succesfully cut out a smile into the mask. I also added ears to the mask like there are in the first picture and the second picture. In my mask I used elements of art like color and lines. I used very bright colors for the mask and I used lines for the outlining of the eyes and the smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

module #15: me myself and i

Chloe Carr 12/13/18          1. I selected the inspired pieces because I've always been a fan of Frida Khalo and the way she...