Sunday, October 28, 2018

module 9 pt. ii: handy hands give a hand

Chloe Carr
Module #9


1. I liked using my hand as a subject matter because I found it easy to at least copy most of the outline. I don't think the sketches of my hands are very detailed but they look like hands, which is something I'm proud of.

2. I decided to use pencil for these sketches for a number of reasons. I make many mistakes and I find it easier to erase my mistakes when I make them in pencil. I also decided to use a pencil because I am used to using pencils in my every day life. I am not entirely familiar with using charcoal and though I should have stepped out of my comfort zone, I decided to play it safe and use pencil.

3. I feel like there are major differences between the drawing I made with my right, dominant hand, and the one I made with my left, non-dominant hand. One of the greatest differences that I found is that I couldn't hold the pencil with my non-dominant hand as I did with my dominant one. The pencil was shaky and the final piece looks a lot lighter than the one I did with my right hand.

4. I am very happy with my final drawings. I do believe I could have done a lot more to make them look more realistic but I didn't know what I could have done to do so.

5. I would consider using my non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future because I would like to get more control with using that hand. I did not expect to struggle so much with using that hand to make a sketch but after this exercise I think I would like to improve my skills in that hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

module #15: me myself and i

Chloe Carr 12/13/18          1. I selected the inspired pieces because I've always been a fan of Frida Khalo and the way she...