Sunday, October 7, 2018

module 6 pt ii: viewing reviews

Chloe Carr
Module #6

1. https://artisticlovebylizzy.blogspot.com/2018/09/
    https://artclasschamp.blogspot.com/2018/09/albright-knox-art-gallery.html

2. I really liked the images that Rachel used in her slideshow because of how easy they were to identify. I liked that all I had to do was look at the image and know what they were representing. Even though I thought I knew what the pictures were about I still like that she elaborated more on why she chose the pictures she did.

3. I think Lizette's selected paintings/pieces from the museum were my favorite because of how different they were. They were so nice and simple, but there were just so many different moods in each of them. None of the paintings from her selection were any that I chose, but I still really like them. I think if we were to redo the project I would strongly consider using the paintings she used because of how beautiful they are.

4. I absolutely loved the painting that Lizette posted for project 2. I don't think she put down the artist's name but it looks a lot like something Salvadore Dali would make. The art looks dreamy and melted and the colors look very soft and surreal, which is also something that makes me think it was created or inspired by Dali. I wish she had written who it was by and what year it was made so there would be some background information.

5. I really liked reviewing my peers' blogs because it's interesting to see how others have done the projects I did, and what kind of paintings/sculptures they find interesting. Looking at how they see art makes me think more about what kind of person they are, which also helps me look into what makes me find a painting interesting.

6. I find the comments that my peers left me to be extremely helpful. I like that they left some input about what they thought about the paintings I chose. I especially like the comment by Hector for project one because his comment was about how confused he was when he was looking at the pictures I chose for the elements. He said that the some of pictures I chose weren't as obviously related to the elements/principles I labelled them as. After reading his comment and looking back at the project, I can see where the pictures wouldn't be as obvious when it comes to how they were labelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

module #15: me myself and i

Chloe Carr 12/13/18          1. I selected the inspired pieces because I've always been a fan of Frida Khalo and the way she...